Grades & Student Records

Grades are used to determine your status in your degree program, to allocate awards and other honours and will be considered by graduate schools, prospective employers and others. Student academic records are maintained by the Registrar's Office.

A transcript is an official copy of a student's academic record. The Registrar's Office will provide an official transcript of a student's academic record to a third party, provided the student has given proper authorization to the Registrar’s Office.

There may be times when you need to provide a third party with proof of registration, graduation or the awarding of a degree but do not need to provide your full academic record. For letters confirming registration, a PDF confirmation of enrolment can be downloaded from your Dal Online account under the Student Records menu option of Web for Students. For letters confirming your eligibility to graduate or the awarding of a degree, please fill out the Request for a Letter of Confirmation form [PDF - 362kB] and submit it to the Registrar's Office.

Information for parents

The university's policy on student records guarantees each student the right to keep his or her records private, including professors' names, course schedules and grade reports.

Dalhousie Agricultural Campus Students

Visit the Enrolment Services Centre for information about grades and student records.